A popping disturbance is a typically sign of an under-sized duct design. It may have to do with greater air flow than the duct work can handle. Have a qualified company analyze your home's ventilation system for proper design and make necessary recommendations. Improper duct work layout can cause a number of ventilation and air quality problems, including:
- excessive noise
- higher energy consumption
- lowered lifespan of the system
- uneven heating & cooling throughout your home
- damaged compressor in summer
- overheated unit in the cooler months
In addition, if your ductwork is undersized you may have other concerns, such as leaky ducts and poor layout that impacts airflow. In humid climates this can cause mold growth within your ductwork.