What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by partial fuel combustion often caused by insufficient oxygen. In your residence, appliances that use natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are susceptible. Especially if they are not running correctly or have been installed wrong.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from neighboring garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces can also be a carbon monoxide source. CO is dangerous to the body and is lethal at increased levels or with prolonged exposure.