Prevention is the most critical place to start. Completing appropriate safety precautions will lower your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Daytona Beach.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Idle your car away from your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours running in the restricted space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills for heat. These items are safe when operated right but can create carbon monoxide when used for a long period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, as it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a pro. This makes sure chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected correctly.
- Confirm gas appliances are working properly, particularly your furnace. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe operation by requesting annual furnace maintenance with All American Air Service Experts.