Air conditioners don’t work indefinitely, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Daytona Beach, you may be considering—should you also request furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are a few things to think over, plus the benefits of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer before making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, plan to replace it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can usually hold on it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you installing? Many homeowners are getting rid of their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This conserves energy and increases comfort by working at multiple speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to realize the full comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the appropriate amount of air to keep your home comfy. An updated air conditioner may call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from All American Air Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and give the right recommendation.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your budget if you get new components simultaneously.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are correctly sized, there aren’t usually any large imminent outcomes. A mismatched setup is frequently temporary until the other system goes out. You can skip the band-aid repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll reap these perks:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything runs at the highest efficiency, making your house more comfortable and decreasing your ongoing utility bills.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may stop working for good. In the meantime, you’ll pay for repairs that could have gone toward a new furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can save on labor by having both put in during the same appointment. And you might even be eligible for a special deal since you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust All American Air Service Experts. We know the cost of replacing your entire system might worry you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special offers or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and just one small monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are covered!*
Rest assured that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job done right the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 386-310-2061 to request an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.