Air conditioners don’t work forever, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Daytona Beach, you may be considering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are a few things to think over, in addition to the benefits of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer before making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, plan to replace it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can probably hold on it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you buying? Many homeowners are getting rid of their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This conserves energy and increases comfort by working at multiple speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to get the full comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the appropriate amount of air to keep your home the right temperature. An updated air conditioner may need a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from All American Air Service Experts, can determine that static pressure of your system and make the right recommendation.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your budget if you install both components simultaneously.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are adequately sized, there aren’t usually any large imminent outcomes. A mismatched setup is frequently temporary until the other system stops working. You can skip the band-aid repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these perks:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything works at peak efficiency, making your house more comfortable and decreasing your ongoing utility bills.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may malfunction for good. In the meantime, you’ll pay for repairs that could have covered a modern furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can save on labor by having both replaced during the same appointment. And you might even be eligible for a discount since you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust All American Air Service Experts. We know the cost of replacing your entire system can concern you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special offers or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and just one reasonable monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are covered!*
Rest assured that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job done right the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 386-310-2061 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.