When rough weather comes our way, whether it’s forecasted or not, it can have a lot of repercussions. Staying safe and protecting your home are your highest priorities, but did you know there are opportunities for you to prep your air conditioner so that when the storm passes, your AC repair technician will give you the a-okay?
Taking even a few moments to think about your heating and cooling systems before the storm strikes can help you protect from damage to your system when it’s all said and done. Then, when you schedule for an AC repair professional to check your system after the storm, they can possibly provide you with good news that your preparations paid off.
At All American Air Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, we recognize that there’s only so much prep work you can do to get ready for severe weather, and time may not give you much notice, so we’ve put together a list of what you can do before and after a severe weather event takes place.
- Turn off your heating and cooling equipment. Power surges are common during severe weather, so be sure to turn off your system via your thermostat and your circuit breaker to ensure it is completely off.
- Cover the outdoor unit. Whether it’s a specific AC cover or simply a tarp, covering your system and securing the cover can keep away any debris that gets strewn about during severe weather. Just be sure you have turned the system totally off prior to covering it with anything.
- Prep your yard. Ensure all loose outdoor items such as grills, patio furniture and any yard tools are kept in a protected place so that they don’t get strewn about during the bad weather.
- Clear the debris. Once it is safe to go back outdoors, ensure any debris is cleared away from your outdoor unit.
- Damaged? If you see any damage to your system or if it is sitting in standing water, call All American Air Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning prior to turning on your air conditioner. We can properly inspect your system and figure out whether or not an AC repair is needed.
Of course we all hope that bad weather doesn’t hit us in Daytona Beach, but we have to be prepped if we want the best chance to avert any major damage or other concerns that may come with it. If you have any questions about how to best prep for severe weather in Daytona Beach or want to know what our AC repair service consists of after the storm has come and gone, give us a call at or schedule an appointment with All American Air Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning through our online scheduler.