When bad weather comes our way, whether it’s forecasted or not, it can have a big impact. Staying safe and protecting your home are your highest priorities, but did you know there are opportunities for you to prep your air conditioner so that when the storm is over, your AC repair technician will give you the all-clear?
Taking even a few moments to think about your heating and cooling systems before the storm strikes can help you protect from damage to your system when it’s all said and done. Then, when you schedule for an AC repair expert to check your system after the storm, they can possibly provide you with good news that your preparations worked.
At All American Air Service Experts, we realize that there’s only so much prep work you can do to get ready for severe weather, and time may not give you much notice, so we’ve put together a few tips of what you can do before and after a severe weather event takes place.
- Turn off your heating and cooling equipment. Power surges are common during severe weather, so be sure to turn off your system via your thermostat and your circuit breaker to ensure it is totally off.
- Cover the outdoor unit. Whether it’s a specific AC cover or simply a tarp, covering your system and securing the cover can keep away any debris that gets strewn about during severe weather. Just make sure you have turned the system totally off prior to covering it with anything.
- Prep your yard. Make sure all loose outdoor items such as grills, patio furniture and any yard tools are kept in a protected place so that they don’t get strewn about during the storm.
- Clear the debris. Once it is safe to go back outdoors, ensure any debris is cleared away from your outdoor unit.
- Damaged? If you see any damage to your system or if it is sitting in standing water, call All American Air Service Experts prior to turning on your air conditioner. We can properly check out your system and figure out whether or not an AC repair is necessary.
Of course we all hope that severe weather doesn’t hit us in Daytona Beach, but we have to be prepped if we want the best chance to avert any major damage or other concerns that can come with it. If you have any questions about how to best prepare for severe weather in Daytona Beach or want to know what our AC repair service consists of after the storm has come and gone, give us a call at 386-310-2061 or schedule an appointment with All American Air Service Experts through our online scheduler.