Your air conditioner’s purpose is keeping the air inside your home nice and cool, which means that any time you allow heat to come back in to home, you’re making the air conditioner work harder than need be. While the air conditioner is your best source for cooler air, there are a couple things you can do, outside of air conditioner service, to help keep the Daytona Beach heat out and help your air conditioner survive throughout the final days of summer.
Here are a few tips from All American Air Service Experts to help keep hot air out of your home:
- Block out the sun. Quite a bit of heat makes its way into your home through your windows. Keep it out by reaping the benefits of solar screens, tinted windows and blackout curtains. At the minimum, purchase blinds and keep them closed.
- Seal air leaks. The areas in your home that are air conditioned should be as air-tight as possible. Take a look in your crawlspace, basement or attic for major air holes like these in the building envelope. We can perform a high-tech comfort performance assessment for you to uncover leaks in walls, ceilings and ducts.
- Check for leaky doors and windows. Look at your windows and doors and add or replace caulk or weather-stripping that may be torn or showing signs of wear.
- Try no-cook or served-cold meals. Your stove and oven create a lot of heat in your home. Try some no-cook meals and use your microwave as an alternative to your stove or oven.
- Run the dishwasher and dryer at night. Save any household activities that may create heat for evenings after the temperature outside drops. You can also let your dishes and clothes air dry and give those appliances a rest.
- Provide window coverage outside the home. Awnings over windows and doors can help protect from the sun’s direct heat. Trees can also give you shade and deflect some of the heat.
- Get a free air conditioner consultation. The biggest impact on heat is a new air conditioning system evaluation. After finding out about new air conditioner systems, technology and options, the greatest option may simply be an air conditioner upgrade.
If you don’t feel like your home is maintaining cool temperatures despite following the tips we’ve listed, it may mean that you need air conditioner service or repair. Air conditioner maintenance is one of the best ways to make certain that your equipment is operating correctly and that you are getting peak efficiency and results. Don’t stay uncomfortable longer than necessary. Give All American Air Service Experts in Daytona Beach or set up an appointment online to have an expert check out your air conditioner and make sure it’s operating correctly.