Building a new house? Upgrading your present equipment? Regardless of why you’re in the market for an air conditioner, you might soon learn you have more alternatives than you first thought. Use this info to help you compare four different options so you can select the right air conditioner in Daytona Beach.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what most people call to mind when they picture air conditioning for the total house. Central air conditioning transfers air to every room with a system of ducts and registers.
This might be ideal for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- You already have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re looking for quiet, convenient air conditioning.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In warm weather, heat pumps work much like central air conditioners. A lot of models can also deliver heat when it’s cold.
This might be right for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- Your reside in a climate with warmer weather during the winter.
- You want a single piece of equipment for year-round heating and cooling, in lieu of a regular furnace and air conditioner.
- Your home doesn’t have (or you don’t desire) natural or propane gas.
- You’re looking for nearly silent, energy-efficient operation.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground beneath your feet stays at a stable 55 degrees throughout the year. A geothermal heat pump uses this constant well of energy with underground loops for fantastic heating and cooling efficiency.
This could be ideal for you if:
- Your home uses ductwork.
- You want one piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have adequate land around your home for the subterranean loops.
This is a second type of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit connects to an indoor blower unit installed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t call for any ductwork and keeps your windows protected.
This could be good for you if:
- Your house, or a new add-on to it, doesn’t have ductwork.
- You want an energy-efficient solution for heating and cooling single spaces.
- You’re looking to install zoning in your residence.
Not sure which kind of air conditioner you should get? Turn to the Experts at All American Air Service Experts for all things air conditioning! We can talk through your options and help you pick the best one for your needs. Please contact us at 386-310-2061 to book an air conditioning replacement estimate now.