How Do You Test for Carbon Monoxide?

There are a multitude of gases that could be inside your Daytona Beach home. Natural gas and vapors that come from residential furniture, carpet and paints. Not a one of these fumes are as hazardous as carbon monoxide.

Reach All American Air Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 386-310-2061 today to start defending your family against this harmful gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Poisonous?

Carbon monoxide might be a serious issue, so it’s not a thing to joke about.

1. You Can’t See It

Carbon monoxide is life-threatening because you cannot view it, detect it with your nose or recognize it with your taste buds. It’s not as dangerous in little doses and can’t be purified.

2. It Can Be Lethal in Just a Few Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a result of burnt fuel. It can leak into your house during the winter if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. While it depends on how big the leak is and the ventilation in a home, the gas can become lethal in only a few minutes.

Once inhaled, it has a half-life of about five hours. If you are breathing fresh air, you will need five hours to get it out of your body. It requires another five hours to reduce that concentration by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Symptoms Can Resemble Other Illnesses

Carbon monoxide may also cause symptoms that can be misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.

How to Protect Your Home from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no reason to risk carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are three precautions you can take to keep your residence safe:

  1. Every residence with at least one gas furnace, connected garage or fireplace should have a carbon monoxide detector. It’s necessary to have a detector on all levels of your home, on top of the basement and garage. You also need to install one inside or outside of each bedroom. Don’t have a carbon monoxide detector in your house?
    Call All American Air Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 386-310-2061 to get one. Ask our technicians about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide alarms.
  2. If you presently own a carbon monoxide system, consistently check or swap out the batteries. You should look at batteries every 90 days, and get a new alarm every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide system sounds, get out of your residence immediately and phone 911.

Protect Your Loved Ones with Support from All American Air Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be frightening, and with the recommended actions your residence can be safe from the hazardous gas. Take the necessary steps and call All American Air Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 386-310-2061 to learn more.