It’s frosty out there. Most of the country is layering up for some icy weather. And while the Experts are always eager to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing pearls of wisdom to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect those exterior water fixtures.
- Insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drip in indoor sinks and bathrooms by exterior walls can stop pipes from freezing.
- Open up those cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air circulating around pipes.
- Keep an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those home heaters ready by testing them for proper operation.
- If you have vents closed in unused rooms, make sure you open them up.
- If your furnace is not functional, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give those smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick inspection.
Follow these simple tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then heat yourself some hot chocolate. And, as always, All American Air Service Experts is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.