How to Stop Carbon Monoxide in Your Daytona Beach Home

February 11, 2015

According to a 2012 report by the National Fire Protection Association, fire departments attend to an average of 72,000 carbon monoxide calls each year. Carbon Monoxide, or CO2, is a colorless, odorless gas by-product of burnt fuel. It’s commonly linked to wood stoves, car engines and other fire combustion sources including gas or oil furnaces.

Why is CO2 awareness so important?

Carbon monoxide can be deadly; its that simple. CO2 is one of the leading ways of accidental poisoning deaths in the US*, and conditions of CO2 poisoning have been known to be misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections and prolonged fatigue, among many others. This makes CO2 poisoning a very serious concern for any Daytona Beach homeowner. Serious poisoning takes place from inhaling large concentrations of CO2, but poisoning can also occur over many months or years. Some signs may include nausea, vomiting, flu-like symptoms, dizziness and fatigue.

How to protect your family from carbon monoxide?

  1. If you don’t have a CO2 detector in your home, get one right away. You can contact All American Air Service Experts to purchase one today.
  2. Existing CO2 detectors should be checked regularly (at least every 90 days). It's also a good idea to replace the detector every 3-5 years.
  3. If you experience or have experienced some of the symptoms mentioned above, ask your doctor to test for carbon monoxide poisoning, and get a second opinion if necessary.

*emedicinehealth.com. Prevention information for Carbon Monoxide poisoning may be inaccurate or incomplete; none of these methods guarantee prevention of Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

Contact Us