Planning annual AC maintenance is useful.
Checkups keep your air conditioner equipment in Daytona Beach operating at peak performance while keeping utility consumption small. It also might even help prolong its life cycle.
While there are a couple tasks you can finish by yourself, you should hire Experts, like the ones at All American Air Service Experts, for AC examinations and service.
Here are a few steps you can do by yourself as you prepare for cooling season.
Get Your AC Checkup Scheduled
Spring is a time of renewal, and to many that entails a big portion of house, garage and yard cleaning. With the warmer temps right around the corner, it’s also a fantastic idea to put AC checkups on that listing.
Spring is the best time of year to get your air conditioning equipment cleaned and examined. Hesitating to turn it on until the first sweltering day of the year can be dicey. If you need a fix or installation, you could be waiting awhile for an appointment. And that can get extremely uncomfortable.
And for those with allergies, being one step ahead with a clean air conditioning system will help provide the best indoor air quality during pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioner service may be a requirement for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Complete Service Myself?
There are steps that you can do to help keep your air conditioner unit in the top state:
- Change your air filter. Clogged filters limit airflow and might reduce your system’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the model you use, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is especially necessary if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have a cat in your house.
- Lawn upkeep near the exterior condenser. Make sure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes by your AC unit. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of free area. You should also remove any leaves or sticks that have collected inside your system, because this can block airflow.
Let the Pros Manage the Rest
What’s left to do? If you get in touch with All American Air Service Experts at 386-310-2061, the first thing we could do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already completed. Then our pros get down to the nitty gritty. We’ll check your unit and make sure it’s working correctly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to provide safe operation.
- Lubrication to keep moving pieces working like they should and potentially avoid problems.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to remove leak-creating mold and clogs.
- Fixing coil fins to stop limited airflow.
- Freshening the outdoor coil to eliminate any accumulation from dirt and vegetation.
- Examining controls to make sure your unit is turning on, operating and shutting off correctly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to establish your unit has the right refrigeration charge.
If we uncover problems that require extra action, we are prepared to offer you the most economical option. Finding potential problems in a timely manner can solve larger problems down the road. This also provides you time to save if your air conditioner is aging.
When you need a new air conditioner, our Experts will work with you to pick the right system for your budget. We also offer financing to help make your new unit fit your budget. No matter what your AC needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Ready to book your tune-up? Give us a call at 386-310-2061 or schedule an appointment online right away.