Spring is beautiful for many reasons: flowers bloom, you can crack windows for fresh air and your utility bill is generally at its lowest. That’s because you’re not using your heating or air conditioner.
But as temps begin to climb, so do your energy costs. Here are a couple of tips for saving energy in Daytona Beach and keeping costs down.
1. Schedule Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system an annual tune-up can help it operate more efficiently and cut down costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep power charges down.
If your HVAC equipment has seen better days, spring is a great time to replace it. The energy-saving features in modern cooling systems is a huge benefit for keeping your utility charges down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling charges. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Understanding how to expertly schedule your thermostat is the smartest way to reduce energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think about it this way, the smaller the difference between exterior temperatures and indoor temperatures, the smaller your cooling cost will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or switch it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty house.
3. Take Advantage of Other Ways to Cool Your Home
You can try a few other things to help keep your home cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise in the summer, which forces cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your house more comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny spaces.
4. Consider Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and immediately realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the full day!
Smart thermostats figure out your schedule and correct the temp when you’re out and about to help you save money. You can also change the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These professional tips will all help keep summer energy charges economical. If you decide it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, call our team at 386-310-2061 or contact us online. We’ll help you select the correct fit for your house. And like always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.