Spring is beautiful for many reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can crack windows for outdoor air and your utility bill is generally at its lowest. That’s because you’re not relying on your heat or air conditioner.
But as temps begin to climb, so do your energy charges. Here are a couple of tips for saving energy in Daytona Beach and keeping costs down.
1. Book Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a yearly maintenance visit can help it operate more efficiently and cut down costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep power expenses down.
If your HVAC equipment has seen better days, spring is a great time to replace it. The energy-saving technology in newer cooling systems is a huge benefit for keeping your utility bill down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on home comfort charges. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Understanding how to expertly schedule your thermostat is the best way to lower energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think about it this way, the less significant the difference between exterior temperatures and indoor temperatures, the smaller your cooling cost will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or switch it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty home.
3. Take Advantage of Other Ways to Cool Your House
You can take advantage of a few other things to help keep your home cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise in the summer, which forces cool air upward. This distributes cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your residence cooler by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny spaces.
4. Think About Using a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and immediately realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the full day!
Smart thermostats figure out your schedule and correct the temp when you’re out and about to help you save on your bills. You can also set the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These professional tips will all help keep summer energy charges economical. If you decide it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you select the correct fit for your home. And like always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.